Friday, September 12, 2008

Fame!

.

I was regretting a late supper at IHOP, out of town with work and feeling a little low. You know what I mean? It isn't fun staying in a strange town and not feeling well. I remembered I left my phone on the charger while at supper and noticed I had a new message. That is when fame found me, in the Marriott Courtyard in Santa Fe. My friend and fellow bibliophile Dr. RB called to congratulate me on my new found fame and appearing in print. Apparently the Exile Bibliophile blog is mentioned in the current issue of Rare Book Review! I had no idea, but couldn't be more pleased. Well, maybe if they sent me a subscription...

Confession: I read every new issue of this magazine cover-to-cover, but very rarely buy it. Published in the UK and flown to the US in Dom Perignon powered golden airplanes, this is a pricey magazine at $78 per annum for 6 issues. Don't misunderstand me, this is a fabulous magazine, but I can't afford it. So, when you're sitting in Barnes and Noble, drinking the free water and leaving sweaty, smudgy fingerprints all over Rare Book Review, you're not alone. I do it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't feel well! I know it isn't fun staying in a strange town and not feeling well.
But, CONGRATULATIONS on being mentioned in the current issue of Rare Book Review!
That is so amazing! I think i am more excited than you are! $78 per annum for 6 issues is a lot though. My mother is subscribed to it.

Ill be sure to go over there and check your new found fame!

Congratulations!
Kayla