Friday, December 21, 2007

Festivus and Blog Love

Well, the holidays are in full swing. We celebrated Festivus at work yesterday with a potluck, airing of grievances and feats of strength. Airing of grievances done "suggestion box" style. Anonymous. Well, as anonymous as possible. For our feats of strength we had a brutal Rock-Paper-Scissor tourney. The physical feat of strength determines our Head of Household for the following year. We then broke up into teams and had our mental feats: 1980s edition Trivial Pursuit. My team did not do all that well. The other teams got questions related to sit-coms, we got Czech politics. While I'm wasting electricity telling strangers about my week, my folks are visiting for Christmas and will be arriving tonight. TO-NIGHT! Add it all up and it makes me think of the town I grew up in, Lincoln Nebraska. I loved living there. I was thrilled a couple months ago to find the deed issued from a bookseller there. I added this cover from the same seller to my collection as well. Turns out, it's from the same year, only a couple months earlier. I still don't know a whole lot about Leighton and Brown. There was a Leighton Ave. I recall. I wonder if there's a connection.

Sarah, from Sarah's Books- Used and Rare alerted me that my email is not listed anywhere! Like I said, I'm not the best with this computer stuff. benjaminlclark@gmail.com is now visible in my profile.

From the blog love files, Marty at the Ephemera Blog was kind enough to include me in the Ten Great Book Blogs list. Thanks Marty!

I subscribe to both of these blogs in my Google Reader. They should be in yours!

Happy Holidays all!


No comments: